If you’re looking for a unique venue for your meeting, event or conference in Aberdeen – you’ve found it.
A purpose-designed conversion of St Paul’s Presbyterian Church, whose architect was apprenticed to the world-famous Scottish architect Alexander “Greek” Thomson in 1896. Skene House Conference Suites in Aberdeen offer 3 meeting rooms, 2 of which are contained within the original arches and another which can be split into 2 - ideal as a private break-out area.
The atrium meeting rooms provide a perfect environment for meetings holding up to 45 people theatre style or, for fewer people, in various configurations: theatre, boardroom, u-shaped, cabaret or bar-table. They offer first-class acoustics, owing to the arched design, which allows presenters to complete their event with their voices intact.
While the internal acoustics are excellent, so is the natural light which emanates from the 18 feet high glazed atrium which connects the meeting rooms with the Park Room; here, breakout sessions and lunch can be served. The car park, which is easily accessed, provides outside, and covered space, for those who wish to smoke. Temperature is easily controlled in these rooms ensuring that delegates can find their “comfort zone”.
The mezzanine meeting venue on the third floor provides space for up to 85 people - in a theatre style configuration - or, 60/20 if you prefer to split the room. Many clients prefer to have the larger room for their meeting venue and the smaller room, as mentioned previously, for break out sessions. Windows along the length and breadth provide natural light and the option of fresh air if the air-con is insufficient.
Every meeting room comes with the usual conference essentials: overhead projectors into which laptops can be connected, screens which can be hidden away discreetly and flip-charts. Refreshments are available throughout your day and comprise still and sparkling water, teas, coffee, fruit juices and cordials plus a selection of pastries, cakes and healthy snacks.
Download our leaflet for more information.
£ On RequestRequest Rates
or call +44 (0) 1224 659 392
Event planning & Hire
You will have a dedicated event planner, one point of contact, during the planning stages of your event. Liz Gordon will ensure that all your requirements from the room set up and preparation to your menu choices are delivered as agreed.
Skene Business Centre hire services
Our Business Centre staff will be available for a full range of conference facilities or event administration services from delegate pack presentation to photocopying. A price list is available on request.
- Laptop hire
- Audio Visual hire
- Dedicated event planner
- Exclusive use of room(s) for duration of multiple day conference, meetings or events
- 3 meeting rooms offering flexible configuration up to 85 delegates max theatre style
- Natural light
- Excellent natural acoustics
- Air-conditioning offering highly responsive temperature control
- Extremely comfortable chairs
- Break-out areas and rooms
- Chef-catered menu choices and options for both day delegate and room-hire-only usage using locally-sourced produce
- Conference dinners can be arranged at one of our Partner Restaurants
Services and facilities:
- On-site free car parking (limited spaces)
- Free WiFi
- Laptop hire per day or part day
- Preferred accommodation rates at Skene House HotelSuites available for conference, meeting and event delegates
- Full programme planning and organisation for pre- and post-event and partner/family-leisure programmes
- Full- day delegate rates (overhead projector and screen, whiteboard flip chart including pens and paper, and conference peripherals such as pens, pencils, notepaper included)
- Full, half and evening room-hire-only rates
- Prices for additional services such as PA systems, laptop/PC hire available on request