"Just Perfect Skene House Whitehall"

TripAdvisor July 2015

"Great Location for the City and it's a real home away from home! Skene House Rosemount"

TripAdvisor July 2015

"An actual flat! Skene House Holburn"

TripAdvisor July 2015

"Absolute perfection yet again. In a different league from other hotels."

TripAdvisor July 2015

"WOW. Skene House Rosemount"

TripAdvisor July 2015

"Great Location, Great Accommodation. Skene House Holburn"

TripAdvisor June 2015

About Us

Since 1979 Skene House HotelSuites have offered the unique combination of  luxury serviced apartments with hotel services.

Charles Skene’s aim, when he launched Skene House, was to provide a better alternative to hotel accommodation for the many families and individuals who were relocating to Aberdeen during the oil boom that hit the North East of Scotland in the 1970s. He was very possibly the first owner and operator of the now popular serviced apartment concept in the UK.

Over the years, Charles Skene consistently honed the Skene House concept by adding additional services and facilities: 24 hour reception and concierge, honour bars, breakfast restaurants, partner restaurants and gym, and so developed  Skene House’s unique HotelSuite niche.

Skene House is the antithesis of the mass-produced, one-size-fits-all approach of many of the national and international chain hotel groups.  While we are big in terms of scale and now have 189 HotelSuites that can accommodate approximately 560 people per night, we think like the small, local, family business that we are.

We enjoy a high level of repeat business: 60% of our guests have stayed with us before, and 98% of them would recommend Skene House.  Our staff’s average length of service is unusually long for the hospitality industry because we remain true to our entrepreneurial heritage and always want to be better and do better for our guests and the wider community. And 97% of our staff tell us that they enjoy working for us. We're working on the other 3%!

This drive to deliver a superior guest experience continues today through the continual upgrading of suites, services and facilities: free WiFi and hardwired broadband internet in all suites; a £4m development which includes ConferenceSuites; a programme of refurbishment of our Gilcomston Park suites and more green tourism business initiatives such as guest and company waste recycling initiatives.

Check out this fascinating blog interview with the Chairman of The Skene Group, Mr Charles P Skene.

To reserve accommodation in Aberdeen book online or call +44 (0) 1224 659 392+44 (0) 1224 659 392.