Family & Friends' Entertainment
Aberdeen has a great choice for days out with friends and family. For a selection of more action-packed activities please visit our Adventure section above.
Contact Liz Gordon, +44 (0) 1224 659 293, for help with planning itineraries, book tickets and arrange transport, if required.
Here is some inspiration to get you started!
For children under 5 and those with younger siblings
- Storybook Glen - Children enjoy the life-size, and larger, tableaus of many of their favourite story book and television characters in a parkland setting. There's also a cafe wth soft play are and other toys.
For children up to 13
- Satrosphere - Satrosphere offer interactive exhibits for visitors, adults and children alike, to discover more about the world around them and the science of how things work. Satrosphere holds some fantastic children’s workshops throughout the school holidays giving parents a break to enjoy a walk along the beach or a cup of coffee in a seaside café.
For teenagers “of all ages”!
- Transition Extreme - Skateboarding, in-line skating, climbing wall, BMX. Need we say more?
For all ages:
- Codona’s - A trip to Aberdeen isn’t complete until you’ve headed down to the beach and visited Codona’s. Featuring amusement park and arcade, indoor and outdoor adventure golf and kids’ indoor adventureland. If you have younger children, under 10, consider whether you want to go at the beginning of your trip – because if you do you will be pestered to return to Codona’s every day for the rest of your trip.
- Nobles Family Entertainment Centre - Also located at Aberdeen’s Beach, this entertainment mecca has something for everyone from nought to ninety. The Foam Factory is a thrill for very young children, but could lead to premature deafness so take earplugs or a lot of tolerance. There’s bowling, simulators, a Motown Bar, pool etc etc. A great place to go out with a group of friends or family.
- Babylon nightclub - “a cool nightspot and high-energy nightclub”
- Tiger Tiger - A one-stop-destination with 5 bars, 1 restaurant and a lively club.
- The International Casino - an independent establishment, a rare breed in the UK casino industry, meaning that it has individuality in addition to the expected casino services: tables offering roulette, blackjack and poker and food and drink.
- G Casino - “offers incredible gaming, amazing entertainment, fantastic food and a great, late bar: it’s not just a night out it’s an event”.